MRA is pleased to announce a Request for Proposals (RFP) soliciting high-impact translational research from scientists and clinicians around the world. This RFP is for 2015-2016, with awards being announced in the spring of 2016.
The RFP calls for ideas that have the potential to lead to near-term clinical application in melanoma prevention, detection, diagnosis, staging, and treatment. Due to the generosity of our founders and supporters, we anticipate awarding at least $10 million in grants for this awards cycle.
Proposals will be accepted for:
- Team Science Awards
- Young Investigator Awards
- Academic-Industry Partnership Awards (for Established Investigators)
- Special Opportunity Awards
Several Special Opportunity Awards are available through the RFP, including:
- Saban Family Foundation-MRA Team Science Awards (for Israel-led teams)
- L’Oreal Paris-MRA Team Science Award for Women in Scientific Research
- Uveal Melanoma Team Science Award
- Acral Melanoma Team Science Award
- Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer-MRA Young Investigator Award
MRA announced its first RFP in August, 2015 and the second RFP in September, 2015. The RFP that is currently available includes the complete range of applications for 2015-2016, including the Special Opportunity Awards.
October 12, 2015: Team Science Award Letters of Intent are due
November 16, 2015: Young Investigator Award and Academic-Industry Partnership Award proposals are due
As in years past, we look forward to receiving high quality proposals that will help advance the field of melanoma research. Good luck!